From the team who brought us major online casinos like Bovada and Bodog comes Ignition Casino, an online casino site aimed predominantly at players from the United States. We take a look at what Ignition Casino has to offer, exploring its bonus offers, browser-based platform, game software, deposit options, wagering requirements, licensing and security to provide readers with an informed review of what to expect from this casino site and whether it’s worth using for real money play.
What kind of players is Ignition for?
Ignition Casino was created specifically to service the United States online gambling market. Given America’s strict laws surrounding online gambling, reputable online casinos are hard to find, so Ignition stepped in to fill this void. Players from Australia are now also catered for at Ignition. The game selection and range of deposit options on offer isn’t very extensive, but Ignition remains an attractive choice for players from countries where choices are limited.
After reviewing the site, we’d suggest Ignition Casino predominantly be used by players who have access to Bitcoin, otherwise be prepared to fork out some hefty withdrawal fees when it comes time to cashing in your winnings.
Ignition Casino bonuses and promotions
Straight off the bat, Ignition Casino rewards new players who sign up and make a real money deposit with a 100% matched deposit bonus of up to $1,000. This is a fantastic deal, and is up there with one of the better online casino bonuses we’ve seen.
If you’re depositing with Bitcoin, it gets even better, as Ignition Casino offers a 200% matched deposit Bitcoin bonus of up to $2,000. Just enter promo code ‘IGBITCOIN200’ when depositing with Bitcoin to claim this bonus.
Both of these bonus offers are subject to a 25X wagering requirement, which isn’t too shabby in comparison with other online casino vendors.
Players who sign up at Ignition Casino will automatically become part of the casino’s loyalty rewards program, and are eligible for one-off promo offers and the refer-a-friend bonus program. There’s also an extra $1000 in bonus money up for grabs when signing up and making a real money deposit to the Ignition Poker site.
Instant-play browser interface at Ignition
No downloads are needed to access Ignition, as it’s an instant-play casino that’s entirely browser based. Games are available download-free on both desktop and mobile, all you need to do is load the site using your chosen platform like you would when accessing any other website.
Game categories are listed down the left-hand side of the game lobby, with a selection of the most popular titles automatically displayed. To play, simply hover over any of the game thumbnails where you can choose to play for free in demo mode, play for real money, or learn more about the game. We like that Ignition provides the ‘learn more’ option, giving players a change to find out more about how the game works or learn the rules of the game before diving in, which is something online casinos don’t typically offer.
Games available at Ignition
Ignition offers around 150 different game titles, with games provided by software developers Real Time Gaming and Bodog Propriety. Games at Ignition Casino are split into the following categories, under which you will find several variants including:
- Slots – Caesars Empire, Golden Gorilla, 8 Lucky Charms, Ten Times Win, Diamond Dragon, Aztec’s Treasure, Wishing Cup, A Night With Cleo, Aussie Rules, Bowled Over, Catsino, Cirque de Slots
- Table Games – Tri Card Poker, Let’em Ride, Caribbean Stud, American Roulette, Craps, Pai Gow Poker, Baccarat, European Roulette, Vegas Three Card Rummy
- Blackjack Games – Blackjack, Classic Blackjack, Double Deck Blackjack, European Blackjack, Perfect Pairs, Single Deck Blackjack, Zappit Blackjack
- Video Poker – Deuces Wild, Jacks or Better, Joker Poker, Loose Deuces, Bonus Poker
- Specialty Games – Keno Draw, Go-Go Bingo, Pirates Pillage, Penguin Payday, Sudoku, 80-Ball Bingo, Pesca Bingo, Beach Bums, Itchin to Win, Bingo Goal
You will also find a separate category for poker, which will take you to the Ignition Poker website. This is a dedicated online poker platform that used to be called the Bovada Poker Network, and caters to the American market. Unlike Ignition’s casino games, special software is required to access games at the Ignition Poker site.
Ignition deposit and withdrawal options
Making a real money deposit at Ignition is easy – just sign up for an account with the casino, log in, click on the ‘Make a Deposit’ option on your player dashboard page and choose the deposit method you wish to use. Enter the amount you want to deposit, follow the prompts to complete your transaction and voilà, you’re now ready to start playing your favourite casino games at Ignition for real money.
The bummer is that Ignition accepts deposits via two payment methods only – Bitcoin and credit card. If you don’t have access to a line of credit, are hesitant about providing your credit card details online or aren’t savvy with the Bitcoin cryptocurrency, you’re fresh out of options. Thankfully, there are a few more withdrawal options available, with players able to cash-out their winnings using credit card, cheque, Bitcoin or bank wire.
Ignition does not charge any deposit fees, but warns that some banks may charge a 3% international transaction fee or currency conversion fee, and may apply a cash-advance fee on all credit card deposits. Withdrawals are a different story altogether – Bitcoin withdrawals are completely free but all other withdrawal options come with a whopping $75 processing fee.
Licensing and security
We could find absolutely no information on Ignition about which jurisdiction the casino is licensed in, which is a major red flag. We’ve been around the online gambling industry long enough to know that Bovada affiliated casino sites are generally safe and reputable, but Ignition’s failure to mention anything about its online gambling license really leaves a bad taste.
On the plus side, Ignition is protected by 128-bit SSL (secure socket layer) digital encryption security so you can at least be sure your privacy is protected, provided you are using Internet Explorer 11.0 and up, Safari 4, Firefox 3.0 and up, or Google Chrome. The random number generated (RNG) software used at Ignition is also certified by iTech Labs.
What we like about Ignition Casino
- USA players are accepted
- The welcome bonuses are up there with some of the biggest we’ve seen
- You can get more details learn the rules of each game by hovering over each game thumbnail and clicking the ‘learn more’ button
- There’s a range of specialty games on offer, including several bingo, keno and scratch card variants, that we haven’t seen at many other online casino sites.
What we don’t like about Ignition Casino
- Bitcoin and credit card are the only two deposit methods
- Withdrawals using anything but Bitcoin will cost you an outrageous $75 processing fee
- No information is provided about where Ignition gets is licensing from, which is a major two thumbs down in our books
- Games from major software developers like Microgaming, NetEnt or BetSoft aren’t offered, but that’s pretty typical for a casino site that accepts USA players, so beggars can’t be choosers.
- There are no live dealer casino games