Skrill is one of the most widely accepted web wallets available at online casinos, but what exactly is Skrill and how does it work? Read on to find out more about this highly reliable online payment method and why you should consider Skrill for your next real money casino deposit.
Best online casinos
What is Skrill?
Skrill (formerly known as Moneybookers) is a free online payment service that comes under the realm of what’s known as a web wallet or e-Wallet, allowing payments and money transfers to be made over the Internet without ever having to reveal your personal financial information to the vendor.
Skrill allows you to send and receive money, store your payment cards and link your bank accounts in order to make instant, convenient online payments simply by using your Skrill username and password. It is very popular in the online gambling community and is widely accepted by a majority of the leading casinos on the Web, including the casinos recommended at our site.
How to deposit using Skrill
In order to make a casino deposit using Skrill, you’ll first need to sign up for an account with Skrill.com, creating what’s known as a Skrill wallet. This will only take a couple of minutes, and you can choose from 40 different currency options. Once your Skrill wallet has been set up and you’ve linked some of your payment information, here’s what you’ll need to do to make a deposit to an online casino:
- Sign up for an account with a reputable casino like the ones recommended on our website. Use our links to take advantage of some fabulous new player welcome packages that include incentives like matched deposit bonuses and free spins.
- Head to the casino’s banking section and select Skrill as your chosen payment method.
- Enter the amount of money you wish to deposit.
- You’ll now be redirected to the Skrill website’s login screen, where you’ll need to enter your Skrill username and password.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete your transaction.
Skrill deposits are processed on the spot, so you’ll be able to start playing for real money at the casino straight away. Skrill is also often available as a withdrawal method, where you can cash out your winnings directly back to your Skrill account.
Skrill mobile payments
To make payments on the go even easier, Skrill has its own mobile app, Skrill 1-Tap, which is available to download for free from the iOS App Store and Android’s Google Play for use with smartphones and tablets. Skrill 1-Tap offers all the same benefits of the Skrill desktop version, but has been simplified for even easier use with the mobile touch-screen.
Benefits of depositing with Skrill
You may be wondering what the point of using Skrill is if you can just as quickly and easily make a casino deposit using a credit card, debit card or bank account. Along with being fast, safe and reliable, Skrill offers several other unique benefits:
- It’s accepted at all major online casinos, bookmakers and poker sites.
- It allows you to pay in your local currency.
- You can play for real money at multiple casinos without having to reveal your financial information to multiple providers.
- Skrill is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority of the United Kingdom (FCA), meaning it must comply to some of the most stringent payment regulations in the world.
- Provided you’ve met your personal security responsibilities, Skrill will reimburse you by 100% if you suffer a financial loss as a direct result of unauthorised access to your Skrill account.
- There are all kinds of one-off bonuses and promotional offers extended to Skrill users, with some casinos even offering an additional deposit bonus to players who use Skrill to fund their accounts.
- Skrill offers a VIP programme where loyal users get 24/7 dedicated support, priority bank uploads, higher transaction limits and lower fees.
- Refer a friend to sign up for a Skrill wallet and you’ll be rewarded with a special bonus amount.
Skrill alternatives for funding your online casino account
Still not convinced that Skrill is the right payment method for you? Not a problem, there are plenty of other deposit options available at our recommended online casinos. If you’re not keen on Skrill, you may want to consider any of these safe, trusted payment methods:
- Visa credit, debit and pre-paid cards
- MasterCard credit, debit and pre-paid cards
- Neteller web wallet
- ecoPayz web wallet
- Paysafecard pre-paid vouchers
- Direct bank transfers
- Entropay virtual card
The payment options available to you depends on the casino you’re playing at and the country you’re playing from, with different regions having certain restrictions on the payment services they can and can’t offer. If you’re unsure of what options are available to you, head to any of our recommended casinos and go to their banking or FAQ section for further details.