If you want to combine the convenience of playing real money blackjack games from home with the social atmosphere of playing against real people, consider giving live dealer blackjack a go. We explain more about this exciting online gambling format that blends online play with real life interaction.
Best live dealer blackjack online casino websites
What is live dealer blackjack?
Live dealer blackjack is a standard game of blackjack that is hosted by a real human just like in a land based casino, but instead of players physically sitting at the table, games are streamed online using a live video feed. You get to place your wagers from the privacy of your own home, then watch as the croupier calls for bets and deals cards. Live dealer games are ideal for those who don’t trust random number generated (RNG) computer software, as you get to see gameplay unfold before your very eyes. This gaming style also suits players who would prefer the convenience of being able to play blackjack for real money from home, while maintaining the social elements of playing in a brick and mortar casino.
Read on to find out how to play live dealer blackjack at the best online casinos on the Web and discover why players from all over the world are flocking towards this exciting online game format.
Best casino sites for live dealer blackjack
Live dealer games have become wildly popular and as such you will find live dealer software available at a majority of the leading online casinos. The software available varies from venue to venue, with the best live dealer blackjack games provided by Evolution Gaming, Net Entertainment and Microgaming.
For a full list of the top-rated casino sites offering live dealer blackjack, refer to the casino table above. This table has been geo-targeted to recognise your location and only recommend casinos that accept players from your country. Use our table to read detailed reviews of each casino or sign up using our links to get access to some exclusive new player welcome bonuses.
We recommend the use of a trusted VPN (virtual private network) when playing for real money at offshore casino sites to benefit from the extra layer of security provided.
How to play blackjack against a live dealer
No special software is required to play live dealer blackjack, as games load directly over your Web browser using standard Flash and HTML programming, with some games also available for mobile play. However, given the high expenses involved with running these games, real money bets are required to play, unlike RNG blackjack games which can be sampled online for free in demo mode.
To play live dealer blackjack:
1. Sign up for an account with a reputable online casino like the ones recommended in our table above.
2. Go to the banking/deposit section and make a real money deposit using a trusted payment method like Visa, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard, Flexepin or direct bank transfer.
3. Load the live dealer blackjack game of your choice.
4. Follow the dealers prompts to place your bets by using the buttons at the bottom of the screen to select the size of your betting chip. The dealer will call for final bets and then you can watch as gameplay unfolds.
5. If all seats at the blackjack table are full, most live dealer blackjack games also offer a ‘Bet Behind’ feature which allows you to place a bet on a hot-streak player while waiting for a seat to open up.
6. If you win, money will automatically be deposited to your account. You then have the option to follow the dealers prompts to play again or leave the game.
If you’re new to blackjack, try giving an RNG blackjack game a go for practice play first to familiarise yourself with the rules and sharpen your strategy.
What live dealer blackjack variants are available online?
There are very few live dealer blackjack variants available as far as different rules go, with most live dealer providers offering classic blackjack rules. In saying that, each gaming studio offers its own take on gameplay, with multiple options available to change things up, including side betting options and customisable features to appeal to a wide range of players. Below is an overview of the best live dealer software available at the top-rated online casinos:
- Evolution Gaming Live Blackjack – This game studio is arguably the industry leader in live dealer gaming, offering classic blackjack rules with the addition of Perfect Pairs and a 21+3 side bet. While up to seven players can be seated at the blackjack table at once, there’s also an optional Bet Behind feature where you can place a wager on a player who’s on a hot winning streak while waiting for a place.
- Evolution Blackjack Party – Blackjack Party is Evolution’s own unique creation, offering games hosted by two or more croupiers where the focus is on entertainment. Classic blackjack rules are used but the game offers a talk-show feel, with friendly banter and upbeat music to create a more social experience at home.
- Ezugi Live Blackjack – Another leading name in live dealer software, Ezugi’s live blackjack is hosted out of sophisticated gaming studios in Malta. Following classic blackjack rules, Ezugi live blackjack offers multi-seating for up to seven players, customisable audio and visuals, mini games and side-bets like 21+3, Perfect Pairs and a Bet Behind feature.
- Ezugi Hybrid Blackjack – Ezugi’s Hybrid Blackjack uses patented technology to allow an unlimited number of players to bet at the blackjack table at once. Hybrid games offer lower stakes to appeal to players with smaller bankrolls and aims to provide a platform for blackjack newbies to hone their skills.
- Microgaming Live Blackjack – Microgaming’s live dealer blackjack offers fully customizable audio and video, with a Bet Behind feature and full game history. Games are hosted out of casino studios in the Philippines, Canada and Argentina, and can be played for instant-play directly over your Web browser or by downloading Microgaming’s premium casino software from casinos like Jackpot City and 32Red.
- Microgaming Playboy Blackjack – This is Microgaming’s classic live blackjack game but with added sex appeal, as games are hosted by beautiful women dressed as Playboy Bunnies. Need we say more?
- NetEnt Live Blackjack – NetEnt provides premium live dealer blackjack games following classic blackjack rules, as well as a Common Draw Blackjack variant where hundreds of players can be seated at the table at any one time. NetEnt dealers are professionally trained, friendly and charismatic, with games available in 25 different languages.
For an insight into what’s to come for live dealer, read about the future of live dealer gaming.